The Lincoln Park Skate Company is proud to present its annual Spring Ice Show. The show will take place on April 20th – 22nd and will feature skaters from the Lincoln Park Community Center Learn To Skate program along with skaters from the Skate Company Skating Club competitive freestyle program. We welcome skaters of all ages and levels to participate in this spectacular event.
Ice Show Dates and Times
We will have 4 performances. All skaters are required to skate in all 4 performances. The shows will be:
|Friday, April 20th
|Saturday, April 21st
1:00pm and 7:00pm
|Sunday, April 22nd
Groups will practice on ice starting in February (a complete schedule will be posted after January 20th). The week before the show we will have mandatory rehearsals with lights and costumes. Please see schedule of events to be posted after the first practice. There is a 3 excused absence rule for all groups. All absences must have written approval to be considered excused. Any skater with more than 3 absences will be considered for removal from a number. A tardy policy will be in effect to include after the 2nd tardy the skater will be marked as an unexcused absence.
Ice Show Fees and Deadlines
Deadline for Ice Show Registration is December 8th, 2017 . Costumes will be ordered by January 6th to allow time for delivery before pictures. A non-refundable deposit of 35% of your total amount due is required to register for the Ice Show. Your balance will be split into two payments. Payment one will be due by January 26th and payment two (final payment) will be due February 23rd.
- Package A – $235.00 – Includes 1 group #, 7-10 practices, coaches’ fees, costume for 1 group #, and 1 pair of tights.
- Package B – $310.00 – Includes 2 group #’s, 7-10 practices per group, coaches’ fees, costume for 2 group #’s, and 1 pair of tights.
- Package C – $385.00 – Includes 3 group #’s, 7-10 practices per group, coaches’ fees, costume for 3 group #’s, and 1 pair of tights.
- Solo /Duet /Feature– $75.00 – Includes participation in a special part and your costume. This does not include your ice time and instructor fee to choreograph your special part.
Additional Optional Fees:
- High School Number – $25
- Pictures – Prices vary
- Featured Parts Tryout – $25
- Featured Parts fee – $75.00
- Program Ad – Prices vary
- Show Shirt – Prices vary
- Returning Skaters: Must support 3 sessions of SCSC Learn To Skate program or purchase
- First Time Participants: Must support 3 sessions of SCSC Learn to Skate program or purchase buyout.
- Skate Company Club Member: All skaters must be a member in good standing with Skate Company Skating Club by registration of show.
Costume fees are included in your package rate. All costumes will be ordered by January 6th. All skaters will be measured at time of registration and any questions regarding sizes will be decided between the Director and the parent. Each female skater will receive 1 pair of tights with their package. If you would like to order a second pair as a back-up you may do so at registration. (Male skaters will receive a $15 discount from package fees).
Advertisement and Program Books
A program book will be created to sell at the Ice Show. It will include pictures of all the groups and solo’s involved in the show. You will also have the opportunity to place an ad in the program book featuring a skater or a business. Each skater is responsible to sell at least ½ a page of ads for the Ice Show program book. Also available in the program book are Love Ads. These are 1 and 2 line mini ads to be placed in the back of the book! The revenue from the program books is used to help defray the cost of ice expenses, lighting, and props. Any skater selling 3 ads will receive credit for 1 shift of before show volunteer work. Any skater selling two full pages of ads will receive two complimentary show tickets to the performance of their choice. For more information on selling program advertisements see the ad request forms available in December.
Skaters will have the opportunity to fundraise to defray the cost of their Ice Show fees. In order to fundraise legally all fundraising must be done thru Skate Company Figure Skating club. In order to participate, you must be a member in good standing with this club.
In order for the show to be a huge success we need a lot of parent involvement. You will be asked on your child’s registration form to list a committee you are interested in helping with. Please choose one or more from the following list of areas that we need parents to help out with. If you have ever worked on any of these committees before please note that as well.
All skating families are required to volunteer a minimum amount of 5 shifts before rehearsal/show week, at least four (4) shifts/days during rehearsal/show week, and work at least one (1) shift/day after show for teardown. A shift must be a minimum one (1) hour except for Tear Down which consists of a minimum of
(2) hours of work. A $75 work deposit will be collected at costume pick up and held until all the required volunteer time has been met. If the volunteer time has not been met, the work deposit will be forfeited to the club. Included in this volunteer requirement is 1 mandatory date.
Set Up on Thursday April 19th – This is an all-day event. We understand that several families will be unavailable for help this day due to work schedules but we are requesting that you consider helping as much as you can this day. This is a vital day and this year we are limited to only one day for set up which will makes it even more crucial for multiple volunteers to be available.
MANDATORY Tear Down on Sunday April 22nd– each family is required to provide an adult to assist with the tear down and disassemble of the stage and set. This will immediately follow the final show.